Monday, January 19, 2009


Baby Leg Warmers


Needles: Size 8 US circular needles
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino (Worsted Weight) 1 Main color and 2 colors of scrap wool
Gauge: 5 st per inch

Directions:
Cast on 26 stitches

Cuff 1: In first scrap color, K1, P1 ribbing join taking care to keep stitches in line without twisting. Continue in K1, P1 ribbing for 1.5 inches

Body: Change to main color. Knit next round, increase on final stitch of round. Continue in knit stitch, increase every 5th round until 10 increases are created. (36 stitches) When leg warmer is 7 inches long, do final round in K1, P1.

Cuff 2: Same as Cuff 1, then bind off.

Decoration: In scrap color 2, apply cross stitch around both ends of leg warmer where stocking stitch meets ribbing.
(Fits variety of sizes. At newborn it is scrunchy, at 6 month it doesn't cover full leg, but still fits.)
(Do not mass reproduce or distribute this pattern, post it to another web site, or use the pattern in any way for a profit without my written permission. To do so is a violation of copyright.)
Copyright 2009 by Jacquelyne Aubuchon

7 comments:

The Horton Family said...

I really like these and want to try and make these for my dd. She's 6mo and kinda chunky, what you recommend me to do so that it will fit her! Thanks!

The Horton Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri said...

These are simply adorable! I am so glad that I stumbled onto this site, and with my sister due in about 10 weeks I'm inclined to give it a shot!

Linkie Lueville said...

I want to thankyou for this pattern. made my ten month olds photo to die for!


http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2550/4211175573_ae787d032e_b.jpg

Anne said...

I just bought size 8 needles but wonder if the length 29in. matters. there is no length posted....obviously new to knitting:)

Audrey said...

Anne - not a pro-knitter by any means but am pretty certain 29" length is too long for this. Generally, circular needles at 16" length work well for hats and smaller items such as these. I think 16" is smallest, then you need to move to double pointed needles if you are having trouble with 16". But, this pattern says circular needles size 8 so I am assuming 16" length will be fine! Anyone correct me if I am wrong! :P

Lauren said...

If you are knitting these in the round then you probably need to use dpns! I would think even a 16" circ is too big...? If you are doing magic loop (best thing ever, google it!) then you want a circular needle that is very long, 29" or more.